The strategies that we will discuss today can be useful in all areas of your life. Whether you are a business owner, a PTA President, a church leader, a wife/husband and mom/dad, applying these principals will allow you to achieve extraordinary success.
Before we go any further, let’s define the meaning of success.
Folks often evaluate their level of success by how much money they have in the bank. While having money is a result of success, money is not the key factor. According to The American Heritage Dictionary, the definition of success is “The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.”
So, how can you achieve something desired, planned, or attempted?
By having wise counselors, mentors, or partners. In the Biblical book of Proverbs, Solomon is very detailed in what to look for in a partner. By choosing the wrong partner, it can lead to frustration, despair and ultimate failure. However, by choosing the right partner, it can lead to accelerated success and a well of life.
Together, we will briefly learn how to appoint and effectively use partners.
- Identify your own strengths and weaknesses. An effective partner will provide support in the areas of your weakness. They will help you to overcome where you may be lacking in education, finances and/or resources.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your partner. If your partner is a cookie-cutter, carbon copy of yourself, then you will not achieve ultimate success because the weaknesses will remain as a kink in the chain.
- Your partner must fully understand your visions. Effectively communicate your dreams and visions to your partner. When they have a clear and precise roadmap to your vision, your partner will unconditionally support you in achieving that goal or vision. You do not have to go about it on your own.
- Look at the character and integrity of your partner. What are his/her ethics and morals? Do they align with yours? A partner who cheats and steals can bring loss, humiliation and ruins. But a partner who is honest and trustworthy will bring joy, happiness and success. “The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life.” (Prov 10:11)
- Is your partner totally committed? A partner who is 100% committed to the project or relationship will increase the amount of success.
- Is the person positive or negative? Partnering with a negative person can lead to many unhappy times, defeat, and frustration. However, a positive person will encourage and radically reduce the risk of failure whereby ensuring success.
- What are the natural gifts and talents of your partner? Can he/she follow through on a task or idea? Are they a doer or are they a thinker? Partners who are doer will reduce the risk of failure because they ensure success by working at it and not just thinking about it. When one labors, there is profit.
Having a partner, a counselor, or a mentor is a wise decision.
In Ecclesiastes 4:9 it says “two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.” So, partner with people who brings wisdom that will accelerate and ensure your success.
As always, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Would you consider having a partner in your business?
That’s it for now. Until next time Divas, wear your heels well and Be Blessed!
P.S. This is a reprint of an article that I wrote several years ago, however the principles remain the same.
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016