Guidelines and Expectations of Contributing Writers for DivaTalkRadio
Sharing your expertise on the DivaTalkRadio website is a great way to get your message out to the masses. It’s your opportunity to surround yourself with women who truly love and care for each other. We are a strong community of Divas who love our family, love our community, and love each other. We support one another, encourage one another, and lift each other up on a daily basis.
Join our our team of writers, allows you to shine your DIVA-liciousness while increasing your fan base and audience. Please take a look at the following guidelines and requirements. If you would like to be part of our Team Diva of Writers, simply follow through with the instructions contained herein.
- 400-500 words (+/- 50);
- Please proof your articles (or have someone else do it) and submit your very best work;
- Separate paragraphs by a double return—no indents;
- Paragraphs should be no longer than 8 lines, however do not break up a sentence;
- Please make your article referenced toward women
- Submit all articles in a .txt (notepad) format. Please do not submit your article in a Word (.doc) or .pdf format. It will not be used and you may lose the opportunity for continued writing for us
- Add pictures to your article/post. Please do not use photographs that are copied off the Internet, as many are copyrighted. If you would like a list of services you can use photos for free, just let us know and we’ll be happy to provide the list to you.
Articles should be one of three types:
- How-to: Practical applications of concepts & skills;
- Profile: Spotlight on how a person or group that is impacting the world (not an infomercial, but more inspiration);
- Opinion: Your thoughts on ideas and trends
Please make sure every article submission includes some practical application so that the reader is encouraged to take action.
Article Submissions & Communication:
- Two articles each month. We will provide a monthly schedule of when the articles will go live on our website. This schedule will be posted at the beginning of each month in our private FB group.
- The articles must be uploaded for review no later than 48 hours (2 days) prior to going live (published).
- If you do not have pictures associated with your article, no problem as we will provide one for you.
- Additionally, you do not need to be worried about meta tags or relevant keywords as our staff will conduct all of the SEO (search engine optimization) for your article so that it will get the greatest exposure from search engines.
- One anchor text/link will be permitted per article. This outbound link MUST be relevant to your article. For example, if your article is about fibromyalgia, your link needs to go to a place that also talks about fibromyalgia. Your links should only be directed back to your website. If you feel that our audience would benefit going to another website, please contact us (via our FB Group Page) and let’s discuss. If it’s important to you, then generally it will be important to us as well.
- IF you cannot submit an article due to time restraints, illness, vacation, etc., please let us know ASAP.
- You can upload your article as early as you would like. We have some contributing writers who submit their articles in blocks of 6, which takes care of three months. We love this as it takes time to get the articles prepared for publishing. So if you want to upload your articles early, please do so and we will love you more! 😉
Are you ready to get started? Great! Please provide us with the following:
- A brief bio. Please keep this to 250-300 words
- Your picture. Please send it to us in either a .jpg or .png format
- The URL of your website
- Your Twitter handle
- Your Facebook Fan Page. If you don’t have a fan page, then the link to your personal profile
- Your Pinterest link
- Your Google Plus link
- Create a gravatar at http://gravatar.com using your primary email address
- Name your favorite color
- Do you prefer stilettos or flats? (sorry, had to ask!)
Please send all of this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once everything is received, you will receive a confirmation email from us along with your personal log-in information to our website. If you not familiar with how to upload posts on a WordPress site, just let us know!
Oh one more thing…WELCOME ABOARD!!
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016