Summer is fast approaching. Wearing less to keep cool also means showing off your body. One way to get a slimmer profile is through detoxification.
What Is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the removal of harmful substances, namely toxins, from the body. How do we acquire these toxins? Well, they can come from the environment, foods we eat and lifestyle changes.
The body has a tolerance for a certain level of toxic burden. The natural filtering organs (liver, intestines, skin, and kidneys) work to remove them through waste production. But, the natural system can get overloaded. If we are taking in too many toxins and not eliminating enough, the body improvises and finds a way to deal with it.
One way that this occurs is through storing toxins in the fat of the body. The body scores a point for ingenuity but it can be detrimental to you. The body will be less likely to let go of that fat when it becomes valuable as a toxin dump site. This could mean that no matter how much you exercise, you won’t make any headway in losing weight.
Do-It-Yourself Detox Plan
There is a way to get the body moving again. Detoxification techniques help the body’s natural systems get rid of its overload of toxins. Your body can begin with a clean slate again.
You don’t have to starve yourself or go on a liquid diet for a week. Using a combination of solutions will help you to not only feel better but also get slimmer in the process.
- Prepare for a detox – Help the body to know what’s coming. Make changes to your eating habits. Gradually get rid of fried foods, sodas, processed food and sugary sweets. Begin to introduce healthier fare. Also drink plenty of water. Water helps remove toxins from the body.
- Change lifestyle choices – If you smoke, cessation will increase your lung capacity and reduce the amount of toxins in the body. Begin an exercise program. It doesn’t have to be rigorous. Getting the body moving helps to move toxins out of the organs into the lymphatic system and then out of the body.
- Detox techniques – Investigate ways to help the body eliminate more toxins. The skin is the largest organ in the body and can be a great help. Try body brushing, far infrared sauna treatments, massages, antioxidant therapy, acupuncture and body wraps. No one method is better than another, but a combination can move toxins out of the fat, intestines, skin and other areas of the body.
The body has a natural detoxification system, but it can get overloaded. A self-directed detox plan can jump start the process and remove toxic build-up which leads to increased waste elimination and a thinner you.
That’s it for now. Until next time Divas, wear your heels well and Be Blessed!
P.S. For news and information about upcoming shows, sign up for THE DIVA DIGEST NEWSLETTER at the top of the right sidebar.
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016