Sometimes, the cooler fall weather makes you want to cuddle up in front of the fire and be less active. But think of the cooler weather a bit differently – the humidity and bugs of summer are on their way out, and the cooler weather can give you a real boost. Here are some fitness tips that take advantage of cooler weather.
Time of Day
In the fall, the daylight hours get a great deal shorter. This is one of the reasons why we tend to feel like holing up. But if you schedule your workouts for late morning or early afternoon, it may help keep you motivated. Also, if you can go to a gym with bright, full-spectrum lighting, that can also help keep your energy up.
Seasonally Appropriate Activities
Fall can be a very active season. You don’t have to be out running or walking to take advantage of the cooler weather from a fitness standpoint. Consider some of these possibilities.
- Hiking – Cooler weather is a great time to hike, especially if you dislike getting sunburned, hot, and bug-bitten while hiking in the summer! Fall offers beautiful foliage as well as cooler weather, so it’s the perfect time to hit the trails.
- Fairs and festivals – Walking all day at a fair or festival is a fun way to stay in shape. During the autumn season, fairs and festivals are relatively plentiful – you may be able to schedule fun fitness every weekend!
- Community activities – Some communities have events and activities for kids, families, couples, and individuals. Look around for active events like neighborhood clean-ups, haunted houses, pumpkin-carving parties, and so forth. If there’s nothing going on, throw a party or organize an event yourself! That’s sure to keep you active.
- Holiday events – Autumn heralds the beginning of the holiday season, including Halloween. Various organizations hold haunted house tours, ghost-hunting tours, and historical re-enactments of the first Thanksgiving. There are costume parties as well, and other holiday-oriented activities to get you and your family out and about.
While the Kids are in School…
If your kids head off to school in the fall, take advantage of the time during the day that you didn’t have during the summer. Maybe make a habit of taking a walk or doing a workout video after the kids get on the bus.
That’s it for now. Until next time Divas, wear your heels well and Be Blessed!
P.S. Would you mind sharing this post with your friends? Please click on the social sharing buttons below. Thanks so much!
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016