Sometimes you get tired of dragging out the same sweater for the tenth time during cold weather. And winter clothes tend to be fairly drab earth tones, or dark neutrals like black and brown. This winter, accessorize to bring life to your wardrobe! Here are some tips.
1. Handbags – This simple but colorful way to add vibrancy to your winter wardrobe can actually be very affordable. And handbags are highly customizable – you can even make your own. Larger handbags with buckles and large straps add balance to thicker clothing. Wide stripes and bold patterns can also make a lively fashion statement.
2. Scarves – No mention of winter clothing would be complete without discussing scarves. This is an obvious area for personal expression, including bright colors and patterns. One of the fun things about scarves is that they rarely go out of style. So choose something that says “you” and wear it when you need a colorful kick with your winter clothes.
3. Boots – Whether you live in an area of the world with a lot of cold, wet weather or whether you live somewhere much warmer, boots are still part of winter fashion. If you are going more for a wintry look without having to slog through slush and snow, opt for attractive boots that are more about fashion than practicality – think pointy toes, heels, and faux fur.
4. Hats – It’s good to have a few nice winter hats on hand (and head!), but to really make your winter hats an accessory, go for interesting colors and styles. And you can make the hat part of your outfit so you don’t have to take it off and mess up your hair. Another way to avoid hat-head is to sneak a little mousse and a few bobby pins in your handbag so you can duck into the restroom to fix your hair right after you take off your hat.
Hats can add interest and volume to plain, slim coats and basic scarves. Chunky, randomly-shaped hats look great with a thin scarf and thick gloves. A small, plain hat can accentuate an elaborate scarf and colorful gloves.
5. Coats – One of the fun things about coats is that they can act like a blank canvas – you can add scarves, hats and gloves to a coat to give it a whole new look. Think contrast: a chunky scarf looks fabulous over a sleek leather jacket, and a long, colorful, slim scarf can give a whole new look to a full-length coat.
There are many options to update your wardrobe or give it some pizzazz! Whatever choices you make, your winter wardrobe does not have to be bland.
Tell us about your favorite accessories in the comments below.
That’s it for now. Until next time Divas, wear your heels well and Be Blessed!
P.S. For news and information about upcoming shows, sign up for THE DIVA DIGEST NEWSLETTER at the top of the right sidebar.
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016