I’ve always been a huge fan of Purex laundry soap as it seems to be the only detergent that doesn’t cause my skin to itch. So when Purex contacted me to review their new and improved dryer fabric softener sheets I couldn’t resist. The smell is so fresh. In fact, the box came while I was on vacation and my husband set the box on my desk. When I returned home and went into my office, it was filled with such a fresh scent that I thought my husband had cleaned or something. Ha! Knowing that NOT to be the case, I saw that I had a box from Purex.
So even inside the box, the freshness filled the air. Who knew that one little sheet could do so much? Purex Fabric Softener Sheets don’t just reduce static cling and leave your family’s laundry soft and smelling fresh: They can also keep your whole house smelling fresh! Just choose your favorite fragrance and tuck a sheet in hampers, in the linen closets, and any other laundry storage areas.
My son is a linebacker on his High School football team, so I put the fabric softener dryer sheets to work. I washed his boxers, socks, football jersey and pants (believe me, I had to hold my nose when putting them into the washer!) There’s nothing worse than stinky, sweaty, boys after a football game. While they were clean, they didn’t smell all that fresh. I put them into the dryer and added TWO fabric softener sheets. Just to be sure they would come out fresh. I used the Mountain Breeze fragrance and oh did the uniform smell so good. I didn’t dare smell is socks…I’ll just believe those are fresh too. Besides, I don’t expect Purex to be a miracle worker. LOL!
Now my son will be the freshest smelling player on the field, well at least at the start of the game!
When reviewing the Purex website I came across these Frequently Asked Questions and thought they were helpful to share with you.
- What’s different about these sheets vs. the old ones?We have greatly improved our Purex Dryer Sheets, adding three times more fragrance, and great static cling reduction. The smaller box is also at a more affordable price point.
- Has the formula changed?Yes, there is now more fragrance per sheet.
- Does it still work the same?New Purex Dryer Sheets work even better than the 120ct versions
- Will these Dryer Sheets leave spots on my clothes?When used as directed, dryer sheets should not spot your clothing. If spotting does occur, use a laundry bar soap such as Fels-Naptha, or a stain remover like Zout to treat the spots. Then rewash normally.
- Can I reuse my dryer sheet?You will get better softening and static control using a new sheet with every load, as most of the active ingredients are used up in one use. Reusing a sheet will not achieve the same results, but will not damage your laundry or machine.
- Help! My dryer sheets are sticking together – what happened?When dryer sheets are stored on the dryer, in the heat, or near a heat source, they can sometimes stick together. Make sure to store your dryer sheets in a cool, dry place.
- Can I use dryer sheets with my child’s clothes?We do not recommend using dryer sheets or liquid fabric softeners with children’s sleepwear or other flame retardant fabrics, as ingredients in these products may reduce flame resistance. Try Purex Crystals for Baby as a safe fabric enhancer for children’s laundry.
Latest posts by Kelli Claypool (see all)
- The Power of Three - March 1, 2017
- Why Intentional Focus is the Key to an Abundantly Successful 2017 - January 4, 2017
- Will the Real Men Please Stand Up? - December 31, 2016